Thursday, October 2, 2014

A letter~

I just wrote my kids a letter, and want to share it with you. If you've never had a parent say this to you, I'm saying it to you! :) Have a good day!~

A reminder to my kids: You four are such a blessing to me. I remember your first smiles, your first steps, and how, even as youngsters, you seemed to walk through life slowly to appreciate the wonder.

One thing became pretty clear early on; you’re your own person. With your own strengths, dreams, hopes, and struggles.

I want to remind you that you are “fearfully and wonderfully,” uniquely made. Sometimes we spend too much time trying to fix ourselves and “do it the right wa...y.” Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you’ll feel like you can never get it right. Take a deep breath. It’s okay to not have it all figured out and just take life one step at a time. It’s okay to look messy at times.
 

Condemnation will always look for an opportunity to tell you that you’ve failed. But I want to tell you that you’re qualified for this journey, and remind you that the things you see as weaknesses in yourself are some of your greatest attributes. Sometimes we might need a little balance in those areas. That’s not failure, that’s being human. I’m pretty wobbly myself at times, and am convinced it takes a lifetime to learn that balancing act.

Remember, it’s not other people’s opinions that qualify you. The one who calls you HIS does.
One thing I’m learning is that the more we realize how much God loves us, the more it will push back the fear that wants to knock us down.

God has given us this incredible gift and adventure in life to experience and share joy, hope and growth. I’m so glad we get to share it together. You might not see the impact you have today, but it’s there, just by being YOU. The things that you do that add to this world come natural to you- it’s just the way you are made.
I’m so glad you are here. I love you!
Love, your mother who is still learning

No comments:

Post a Comment