Monday, July 14, 2014

Why I do what I do

Have you ever been asked that? "Why do you do what you do?"  I recently came across the question, "why do you write?" I felt the question reach right inside of me. Why do I write, why do I blog? The answer flew off my finger tips without any hesitation. 


I write because I have something inside that builds up pressure until it busts out. I write because I know what it feels like not to have hope; no matter how differently we all believe- I want to connect, validate and encourage people. I write because I have been swallowed by pain, confusion, and fear, and I don't want anyone in that place to stand alone. I write because I don't have a magic wand to make anyone feel better, I just have my story.
I write because for so long I was told it was just me, my fault, if only I could be better, or change, or different, then someone would love me. Those "if only's..." ruled me, and I tried so hard to live by them. I know the failure of failed relationships no matter how hard I tried to be different.

I write to remind everyone who reads my words..... You aren't what someone has ever said about you that's negative. You aren't going around and around the mountain with no hope of change. You are worth love.

So I'll keep writing, even if after a while my words sound like a broken record. I can't say it enough. You are amazing, you are needed, you are meant to be alive at this moment, time, and place. 

(((((((((((((((((big hug to those who need it))))))))))))))))))
Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment