Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Good morning everyone! I hope you are having a great day today. 

So, I want to get back to an earlier thought about going around and around the mountain. I can't tell you how many times I've felt like I was doing that. If you read back, you can even see me mentioning  that way just a few posts ago.

When I describe going around the mountain, I am describing facing the same situation over and over, and feeling like I'm not making progress. It can be doubt, misunderstanding, condemnation, forgiveness, frustration. It feels like I am not going to "get over" that obstacle no matter how hard I try.

I was watching a travel show not too long ago. They were climbing up a desert mountain in sweltering conditions. They could only climb it in switchbacks, because going straight up would kill them by dehydration. At times, they could practically reach down and touch where they were just a step below, even though they had walked a zig-zag. So, even though the back and forth seemed like very little progress, it expended less energy and got them to their goal.

It reminded me that what felt like going around the mountain was more like a tight spiral. Sure, I might not be able to see a difference in myself the first 8 times (ha!) I pass the same situation, but eventually I will. There are small changes being made in me, so that as I come across the same situation I have grown, I do have new insight, God is healing me, and I respond instead of react.

If you feel like you are going around the mountain, consider maybe it's a spiral. Even if it looks messy now, keep hanging on. God loves you immensely no matter where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment